If you have arthritis, remodeling your home can help make it a more comfortable and accessible place to live. Radiant floor heating is an excellent option for those with arthritis as it helps keep the feet and legs warm through gentle heat generated from the floor. Additionally, installing grab bars in bathrooms and hallways can make getting around easier for those with joint pain or difficulty with mobility. Ramps are another great way to reduce the strain on joints when climbing stairs, while widening door frames can help prevent painful knocks or scrapes from furniture. Even changing up the layout of your home – such as moving heavier items like refrigerators and washing machines downstairs – can make life easier if you suffer from arthritic pain and stiffness. With some thoughtful planning and the right modifications, you can make your home a more comfortable and safe environment.
Adding extra lighting around the home is another great way to help those with arthritis or limited mobility. Not only does this increase visibility in dark hallways and stairwells, but it also reduces strain on the eyes. Installing motion sensors can be useful too, allowing lights to come on automatically whenever someone moves through an area. If you are looking for ways to remodel your home for ease of access, then these small changes can be life-changing. Take the time to plan out any renovations carefully – it could end up making all the difference!
Finally, don’t forget to take some time for yourself and look into getting specialized furniture that is designed to help those with arthritis in Arizona. For example, adjustable beds and chairs can be great for providing extra support, while ergonomic arm rests or foot supports may also help to reduce strain on your joints. Ultimately, making some changes to your home can make a world of difference in terms of alleviating arthritic pain or discomfort – so don’t miss out! Make sure you research all the options available and talk to your doctor about which modifications would be best for you. With radiant flooring, ramps, grab bars and more – there are plenty of ways to remodel your home and give yourself the relief you deserve.
For expert advice on radiant flooring and other modifications to help those with arthritis, get in touch with FHR Construction. We have a team of knowledgeable professionals who understand the needs of different types of arthritis sufferers, and we can provide honest advice on which solutions are best for you. Get in touch today to find out more!
Are you looking to hire a licensed contractor in Phoenix, AZ? If so, here are 10 reasons why it is important to work with a licensed professional when undergoing any type of home remodeling project.
1. Personalized space – Licensed contractors have the expertise and experience needed to help you achieve the exact look and feel that you are envisioning for your home. Whether you need help designing an entirely new space or simply want some advice on how best to update an existing room, a licensed contractor can help make your vision a reality.
2. Budget limits – Working with licensed professionals means that you will receive expert guidance when it comes to managing your budget and staying within your desired spending limit. A qualified contractor will be able to provide you with cost estimates up front, so that you can make informed decisions about your home remodeling project.
3. Family expansion – If you are planning to expand or renovate your home in order to accommodate a growing family, working with licensed professionals is a must. Licensed contractors have the expertise and experience needed to ensure that your renovation or expansion project is completed safely and on time, without compromising the quality of your home’s structure or interior design.
4. Nesting – Whether you’re looking to upgrade your current space or purchase your first home, licensed contractors can help make the process easier and more efficient by providing guidance on everything from selecting materials to navigating city zoning rules and regulations. From helping you find the perfect property to overseeing the renovation or expansion project itself, licensed contractors are a valuable resource for anyone undertaking a home remodeling project.
5. Vandalism – If you’re planning to rent out your newly-remodeled space, working with licensed contractors is important to ensure that it stays in good condition. Whether you hire licensed residential or commercial contractors, they will be able to help with everything from implementing security measures such as safety cameras and alarms to making the space more attractive and inviting for potential tenants.
6. Accidental damage – Home remodeling projects inevitably come with the risk of accidental damages, such as stains, cracks, chips, and other cosmetic imperfections. Licensed contractors have the knowledge and experience needed to minimize these risks by using high-quality materials and taking the necessary steps to prevent any damage from occurring in the first place.
7. Structural exterior or interior damage – In addition to accidental damages, licensed contractors are also skilled at spotting any potential issues with your home’s structural integrity, such as warped framing or cracks in the foundation. By identifying these issues early on and correcting them before they worsen, licensed contractors can help ensure that your home is safe and structurally sound for you and your family.
8. Outdoor remodeling – Whether you’re looking to add a deck, patio, or outdoor kitchen to your property, licensed contractors have the expertise needed to make sure that your outdoor renovation project is completed quickly and efficiently. From planning out the design of your new space to ensuring that it is properly connected to your home’s electrical and plumbing systems, licensed contractors are a vital resource when it comes to outdoor remodeling projects.
9. Return on investment – When you work with licensed professionals for your home remodeling project, you can rest assured knowing that they will help you achieve the best possible return on your investment over time. Whether you’re looking to sell your property in the near future or simply want to get the most out of it yourself, licensed contractors have the knowledge and experience needed to ensure that your home stays up-to-date and attractive over the long term.
10. Peace of mind – Ultimately, by hiring licensed professionals for your home remodeling project, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your home is in good hands. From working within your budget to completing the project on time and on schedule, licensed contractors are dedicated to ensuring that you are satisfied with the end result of your home’s transformation. Whether you’re looking for residential or commercial remodeling contractors, licensed professionals can help make your vision for your property a reality.
The cost of building a house in Arizona can vary greatly depending on several factors. The most important factor is the size and location of the property. Other factors include the type of materials used, the contractor you choose, any special features you want to include, and the amount of labor required.
The average cost to build a house in Arizona is $200 per square foot. However, this number can range from $100 to $400 per square foot depending on the factors mentioned above. To get an accurate estimate for your project, it is best to consult with a professional contractor who can give you a more customized quote.
When building a custom home, it is important to work with a team of experienced professionals who can bring your vision to life. The most important members of your team will be your general contractor and your architect. Your general contractor will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the construction process, from ordering materials to scheduling workers. Your architect will be responsible for creating the blueprint for your home and making sure that it meets all local building codes.
In addition to a general contractor and an architect, you may also need to hire a landscape designer, an interior designer, and an electrician. The cost of these services will vary depending on the scope of work and the experience of the professionals you choose.
Building a custom home is a big investment, but it can give you many years of enjoyment. If you are thinking about building a custom home in Arizona, contact a professional contractor today to get started.
Cost to Build a House on your Lot
Building a custom home on your lot in Arizona can be a complicated and expensive process. Many different factors can affect the cost of building a custom home, including the architectural plans, foundation, weather, materials, cost of labor, permits, and delays.
If you’re considering building a custom home in Arizona, it’s important to do your research and understand all of the potential costs involved. Working with a qualified and experienced home builder near me can help you to avoid some of the common pitfalls associated with building a custom home.
Building a custom home is a big investment, so it’s important to work with a reputable and experienced general contractor who can help you navigate the process and ensure that your home is built to your satisfaction.
If you’re considering building a custom home in Arizona, contact a reputable and experienced homebuilder near me today to get started.
The need for custom living space is not new. In fact, everyone closes their eyes sometime and imagine their perfect home, where the sinks made out of gold, floors from Venetian marble and the tall windows overlook a spacious and well-kept courtyard. Well, maybe not that fancy, but we all love to make our home a palace.
5 Step Construction
- One year inspection
Buying land and building your dream home sounds like a great plan, that with the right team could become a beautiful reality! FHR Construction does exactly that. Custom home builders in Scottsdale that specialized in making dreams come true!
We recommend customers to hurry up and find custom home builders in Scottsdale as soon as you are ready to start your project to minimize your risks and maximize your roi. Sometimes, the earliest decisions are the most expensive ones. For example – due to soil or underground pipes, the cost to build on one lot could be higher than a similar lot in the same area. When you work with a budget, you may waste your casita budget or rock removal. When you work with a budget and a custom home builder in Scottsdale, you can get the land and the casita.
This is maybe the most logical explanation to the question should I hire a contractor or do it myself.
Smart planning helps you build realistic budget for your project and prepare you for the process. What should your budget cover:
- Land/ Property
- Liens & Taxes
- Construction Phase
- Rent/ Current Living Cost
- Construction Warranty
- Project Manager
Items like property, taxes, plans & permits are self explanatory. But in this article we want to focus on Current living costs, Construction Phase and why you should work with custom home builders in Scottsdale, AZ or at least hire a project manager for your job site.
Current Living Costs: Construction takes time and sometimes has unexpected delays. We chose to focus on the current living situation because It is important that you will be comfortable and minimize your stress during the construction.
Since you are building your custom home in Scottsdale, you may change your mind during construction and wish to make changes. Consult with your builder and if he agrees to the change, sign a change order and proceed with your project. You will see many contractors on your property. Concrete guys, framers, plumbers, roofers, electricians architects, city engineers, city inspectors and many more.
Project Manager: More than anything, your project manager job is to evaluate the scope of work, coordinate with multiple contractors at the right order to save you money and oversea your project. Some will work with custom home builders and some hire general contractor who acts as a project manager and run the project for an agreed fee.
Get your plans approved by your city before you start construction work.
This is our favorite phase. The crafting, building, painting and all aspects of constructions thrills us and brings the best of our team. Inspired by your dreams, we build.
2 year on all workmanship. Products warranty contact manufacturer.
Far far away, behind the word mountains, far from the countries Vokalia and Consonantia, there live the blind texts. Separated they live in Bookmarksgrove right at the coast of the Semantics, a large language ocean. A small river named Duden flows by their place and supplies.Continue Reading
A good way to ruin an excellent plan is by bad execution. Yes, no matter how great your ideas are, bringing your vision to life requires you to hire a home remodeling contractor first.
Working with a contractor requires few key qualities that we believe one should have before dealing with customers. When interviewing contractors, try to find that one that you feel most comfortable with and that fit best to your answers to the next 5 questions.
General Contractor near me
FHR Construction is your local home remodeling contractor in Scottsdale, AZ. We are licensed, bonded & insured G.E. company in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Custom Home Builder
- Whole House Remodeling
- Home Renovation
- Bathroom Remodel
- Kitchen Remodeling
- Outdoor Living
Whole House Remodeling Contractors in Phoenix, AZ
Ready to hire a local house remodeling contractor in Phoenix, AZ for your project? Contact FHR Construction Corp. now to get a free quote for your home renovation project.
Successful Home Remodeling projects require a plan, a budget and a reliable construction team. Some people choose to skip the contractor and remodel their own homes.
For some, home remodeling is about getting rid of the old kitchen cabinets and replacing them with new ones, in order to increase the property value. For others, remodeling a home is all about creating custom space that will fit their needs and desires.
For those who dare to dream, but lack the skills, and wish to hire a local home remodeling contractors in the Phoenix metro area, we offer our services.
What to Expect When You’re Contracting
The successful completion of a home remodeling project can be a real life dream come true!
But a botched or shoddy job can be a living nightmare! It all depends on how you go about it. A LOT depends on your contractor. So choose wisely! Do your research and know what to expect.
Having a clear idea of what to expect of this complex process can help you prepare and make decisions that will get you the results you want.
STEP 1: VISION
Get clear on what you want and need for your new space. What are the purposes and functions that must be served by the space?
Get inspiration from films, magazines, other homes you’ve visited, any place that really inspires you. How do you want it to look and feel in your newly remodeled home?
For many, this is the most fun part, aside from enjoying the finished results. Tap into your creative genius! Let your imagination flow! Brainstorm and refine until your image is clear.
STEP 2: PLANNING
Now it’s time to bring that dream into reality.
Determine a budget. Now that you have your vision, and have your needs and wants clearly outlined, it is time to define how much money you are willing and able to invest in upgrading and updating your home. Be reasonable and even conservative. Leave yourself a little wiggle room for extras or things that you didn’t account for from the start.
Do some research on some of the materials and items you’d like to use, so you can get a range on the cost. Ask yourself what areas can be compromised if necessary to stay within your budget, and where you are willing to splurge a little to get just what you want.
Decide what areas, if any, you’d like to DIY to save money, or just for fun.
Choose a contractor you trust. Look into their experience and reputation. Meet with a representative to get a feel for the company with which you’ll be working. Make sure they treat you and your project with the respect and consideration you deserve from the start.
Like any substantial process, a home remodel takes collaboration and communication to be successful. So it’s important that you feel that your contractor is receptive and responsive to your input and ideas.
STEP 3: CONSTRUCTION
The entire process of a major home remodel most often will take between 3-6 months. Of course there is substantial variation, depending on the job.
An experienced and competent contractor will be able to give you a reasonable ballpark timeframe, and will have the procedures in place to obtain the proper permits and licenses that will keep the project in flow.
The common order of operations is:
- HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing
- Framing and Drywall
- Cabinets & Fixtures
- Doors & Windows
- Clean the House and Air
- Trim and Finish Work
STEP 4: WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME!
You’ve been patient and diligent in overseeing the reconstruction of your new kitchen, bathroom, room addition or other home remodeling project. You’ve worked closely with the project manager to ensure that the finished space is just what you wanted. And hopefully, you chose a contractor that not only delivered what he promised, but exceeded your expectations.
Now it is time to enjoy the fruits of those labors. Decorate and populate those spaces!
Home Remodeling DIY
You can save money by being responsible for some the remodeling elements yourself, even while working with a general contractor for your home remodeling project. Items like light fixtures can be ordered online (consult with your electrical contractor before placing an order), flooring and countertops can be found in multiple locations in Scottsdale and Phoenix.
We’ve found this cool video on the web that explains exactly that!
At FHR Construction, we bring our A game to each and every project we take on.
We treat each of our clients with the high level of care and respect they deserve for entrusting us with their investment.
Our goal is to be the company that exceeds our clients’ expectations.